- Getting a Yoga Body
- Weight Loss Cheatsheet
- Products (food)
- Products (other)
- Trusted Advisors
Getting a Yoga Body
One major aspect of a "yoga body" is that it is thin. (It's also fit, flexible, and balanced, but those are subjects for another time.)
The good news is that a yoga body can be achieved in minutes a day, rather than hours--and you don't even need to do yoga!
The key to "fit" and "flexible" is nutrition and exercise. For that, you need a short daily fitness routine--one that's varied enough you don't burn out, but most importantly, one that can be completed in 10-20 minutes, depending on which aspect of fitness you're working on. With the right exercises and the right nutrition, anyone can become fit and flexible.
But again, that is a subject for another time. Here, we're talking about getting a thin, fit body. And the key to "thin" is mostly about when you eat (and when you don't). It's also about what you eat, of course--but that is mostly because what you eat determines how easy it is control the when.
The program that determines when you eat is called Intermittent Fasting. I talk about that at length in my book, The "Secret Science" of Weight Loss. (It also gives suggestions for a "Natural Keto" diet and a bunch of easy, no-cook recipes.)
In addition, that book lists the foods in the American dietary landscape you must avoid to stay healthy and lose weight, and it explains exactly why. Those subjects make the book considerably longer than it otherwise could be (there is so much crap, and so much to know), but it's important information. So take a look at the table of contents and determine to eliminate one thing from the list every week or two.
Please note, too, that "sugar" is last on the list--and I'm still working on it! I'm proud to say that I have achieved a decent yoga body despite that fact, so don't let your sugar addiction stand in the way of making progress. (Hi. I'm Eric. I'm addicted to sugar. And wheat. But I'm in charge here, and the better I control those addictions, the better I do.)
The Kindle version of the book contains links to everything it references. That doesn't work for a printed book, so I've created this page for readers of the print version, with links to the articles, books, videos, supplements, and products it references. (Follow all of the references given here, and you'll know everything I do!)
- Product links are mostly Amazon affiliate links. They don't cost you anything, but they give me a modicum of support for my work.
- Where a link is absent, there are too many good choices to select just one. So use it as a search term to find the things you like best.
Weight Loss Cheatsheet
Download the free Weight Loss Cheatsheet for a summary of the key principles and critical recipes explained in the book. (That will put you on my extremely sporadic mailing list, as well. But you can unsubscribe at any time.)
- 5 Minutes of this Burns Belly Fat Fast
- 8 Health Benefits of Gymnema Sylvestre and How to Use It
- 1500 Big Pharma lobbyists
- 12,000 registered lobbyists in the U.S.
- After Eating Carbs, Drink Apple Cider Vinegar
- “American Cheese” Not Cheese
- Antimicrobial activity of Gymnema sylvestre
- Carbohydrate: The Dose Is The Poison!
- Chromium: Benefits, Side Effects, Dosage, and Interactions
- Counting Calories is a Ridiculous Way to Lose Weight
- Dealing With Anxiety Attacks
- Different tastes (bitter vs. sour)
- Eat Fat. Scientists labeled fat the enemy. Why they were wrong
- Effect of Gymnema sylvestre on Metabolic Syndrome, Insulin Sensitivity, and Insulin Secretion
- FDR’s Second Bill of Rights
- Five Fat Loss Supplements that ACTUALLY Work!
- Fried Potatoes and Mortality
- Harvard Health study (2001)
- How Bitters Shut Down Your Brain’s Desire for Sugar
- How to Buy Avocados
- How to Stop Sugar Cravings with Bitters
- How to tell if an Avocado is Ripe
- How We Got the Science of Weight Loss Wrong
- Glutamine’s Health Benefits
- Macro Nutrient Supplements
- Phytochemical and Pharmacological Properties of Gymnema sylvestre
- Potatoes and health
- Potatoes in Sweden
- Processed Food, an Experiment Gone Wrong
- The REAL Reason ACV Works to Lose Weight
- Reversing Diabetes
- Social Media Voting Advice
- Society of Endocrinology list of hormones
- Supermarket oils (study)
- Supermarket oils (summary)
- Twelve Political Reforms America NEEDs
- Upright, Slow-Speed No-Sweat Cycling
- Using Doctors Wisely
- Vegetable Oils, the Unknown Story
- What is Functional Medicine?
- What Makes Kimchi so Healthy?
- What’s Wrong with American Corporations?
- What’s Wrong with Doctors?
- What’s Wrong with High Fructose Corn Syrup?
- What’s Wrong with Partially Hydrogenated Oils?
- What’s Wrong with Wheat?
- When You Burn Fat, Where Does It Go?
- Why Exercise is so Underrated
- Why Morning Coffee is Suboptimal
- Why You May Want to Weigh Yourself Every Day
- You’re Buying Fake Olive Oil
- Fasting and Eating for Health
- Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill
- Flax Oil as a True Aid
- Live Longer and Feel Better
- The Obesity Code
- Optimum Sports Nutrition
- The Jungle
- The Potato Hack
- Spark: Revolutionary Science of Exercise & the Brain
- Agave Nectar
- candied anise seeds
- Chosen Foods avocado oil
- Dijon mustard
- Dill and Garlic sauerkraut
- Egyptian Licorice tea
- Emmentaler cheese
- Flax4Life muffins
- gluten-free BBQ Chicken pizza
- ground flaxseed
- Haagen Daz ice cream
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Keto Waffles
- Land of Lakes w/olive oil
- liquid coconut oil
- Lucini olive oil
- Matcha Green tea
- Maple Syrup
- MCT oil
- Musselman Chunky applesauce
- Nature’s Way coconut oil
- Potassium Gluconate
- Redmond Real Salt
- Sukoyaka rice
- Tasty Bite brown rice blends
- UDI’s BBQ Chicken pizza
- Cool Touch Bowl
- Feels like fingers
- curved paring knife
- sandwich spreader
- Zojirushi rice cooker
- Dr. Eric Berg
- Dr. Jason Fung
- Dr. Joel Fuhrman
- Dr. Robert Lustig
- Dr. Sten Ekberg
- Perfect Keto
- Thomas DeLauer
- Udo Erasmus
- Acetyl L-Carnitine
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Gingko Biloba
- Green Tea Extract
- gymnema silvestre
- NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine)
- potassium gluconate
- Vitamin C powder
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Zinc & Copper
- Fake Supermarket Oils
- Fat Chance: Fructose 2.0
- Carbs: The Dose is the Poison
- Dutch bikes
- Meditation Bench Video
- New Paradigm of Insulin Resistance
- The $100 Billion Dollar Ingredient Making Your Food Toxic
- Supersize Me
- Top 10 Foods that Should be Banned
- Washing rice
- What You Know About the Keto Diet is WRONG!